Interns Make Social Change
Students, now is the time to apply to become one of our Spring interns. We are looking for qualified and motivated candidates! If you are not a student, consider making a donation to support our internship program.
Apply for an Internship
If you are a high school, college or graduate student who would like to gain experience as a community organizer, policy analyst, campaign staffer, or grassroots lobbyist; apply to become an intern with Our Voices Matter! You’ll get hands-on experience and special skills to put on your resume, as you help give voice to people of color in underrepresented communities.
Support an Intern
If you’re not an intern candidate yourself, you can help support one. Donations support the paid staff time spent providing extensive training and guidance to our interns. We also provide mini-grants to help interns cover internship-related personal expenses. In addition, there are organization expenses associated with the projects they work on.
Investing in an intern is one of the most impactful things you can do. Interns pick up and sharpen organizing and leadership skills that serve them for a lifetime. They spread the civic engagement ethos and commitment to leadership and training throughout their academic and professional careers and in their communities. You can help forge a leader by donating whatever you can.
As an intern with Our Voices Matter, you’ll sharpen your organizing skills as you
- Engage supporters through our website and social media
- Co-facilitate community forums and hands-on advocacy training sessions
- Track policy developments and prepare issue briefs
- Lobby legislators at the state and county level
We’re looking for intern candidate who will:
- Commit to a minimum of at least 6 hours per week per semester (hours vary by school level)
- Work from our office, which is next to the Forest Glen Metro Station on Georgia Ave. in Silver Spring
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills and an outgoing and organized personality
- Are quick to understand or learn something and have an affinity for communications technology